A Little Bit About FUE
FUE is the current hair transplant method being used here at Kingshead. Hair transplants are a type of surgery that moves a section of your hair to fill an area without hair or with thin hair. FUE stands for, Follicular Unit Extraction. This is a minimally invasive procedure that consists of follicular unit grafts of a small number of hair follicles that are individually removed from the stronger areas of the scalp and restored to your thinning areas.
- The physician removes individual follicular units from the patient’s scalp creating a follicular unit graft.
- The graft is then extracted from the scalp using a tweezer-like instrument and is prepared for placement.
- Lastly, these follicular grafts are arranged into groups. The groups are decided by the number of hairs contained within each follicle. The placement of these follicular units are what give hair a natural-looking finish.
Here are some benefits of FUE:
- Fue provides natural looking results.
- It is a state-of-the-art minimally invasive procedure.
- There is little to no scarring.
- There is less risk of infection due to the accuracy and precision of the procedure.
After the Procedure:
- After the follicular units are extracted, the incisions left behind will completely heal in a few days.
- You should begin to see new hair growth within three months after your procedure.